View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 12:39 AM
PetFinder Guru

BellXun is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
Well well, I dunno if I should shoot you down or not. I'll try to be nice and explain things to you first. If the rescuers themselves are not strict in rehoming there will never be and end in the homeless anmals. PAWS use to rehome without spaying long ago and make the adopters promise to bring back the animal to spay. But only very few of them do so and some others go mia.

Lastly let's say they labrador that I offered you previously. 8mths old and has a MKA cert and is from a champion line. The adopter paid RM200 for the neutering. And on the spot takes him to the vet to get his heartworm test done and put him on prevention that costs another RM220 and paid the vet extra RM200 to help other homeless dogs. Let's minus the last amount. If I have done all these for the dog it would cost the adopter RM440. I would say you can never get a champion line dog at this cheap price. Some more it's fully vaccinated, neutered and also heartworm prevention done for a whole year.

There are many genuine adopters out there but if they cannot afford to own a dog then it's pointless. I won't let the lab( or any other dog) go to a home where they eat only rice and some leftovers daily. They deserve better and in my place they eat raw food and premium quality kibbles.. How to rehome them to a lousier place than mine. Kind of defeat the purpose of rescuing the dog if it's no better than living in the streets.

About the Labador. Erm, well i myself know i cant afford to have a pure breed now, even if i manage to have one i cant afford to treat it good (financially) at the moment. Well, Maybe one day if I got rich and own my own house with a garden, then I will consider adopting a pure breed. And also live up to your definition of a good dog owner. but for now, cant afford. Plus parents are back from overseas, so house more crowded, and have to relocate my dog from big garage to small size backyard. :(. Even more imposible to have a lab now. luckly i didnt get it from u then.

Well, anyway, Back to real topic. all I am saying is that Jacq is a veteran dog rescuer, she must have know all about charging the adopter and stuff. but she didnt. In my view she is the victim, and u further victimize her when u say its her fault entierly, that its her responsibilty to do this do that. In my personal view both parties the bad adopter and the unlucky rescuer is at fault but the unethical adopter is more to be blamed and not the dog rescuer.

Relax~~~

PS: oklah dun shoot me la, I'll try to be a better owner.

Last edited by BellXun; 01-23-2009 at 01:09 AM.