View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat skin problems. Need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neems View Post
Hi! Thanks for yur reply.

It's weird if it's flea bite, because Moki has no fleas at all, and was flea-free eversince he was about 6 months old. [He's one years old now]

Your cats condition looks similar to mine. What did the vet suggest? Did you have to go to the vet for medication? What did you use? I'm getting abit worried now, because it's Winter season here, and my cats have been sneezing none stop! :( If this is serious and Moki gets a fever because of that bite, oh my lord. I don't know how much it's going to cost at the vet.
Hi, Neems -- it's nice to hear from you again! I hope your father is doing well now.

You mentioned that your cats have been sneezing a lot, and Marcelleve suggested that Moki's little raw spot might be an allergic reaction to a flea bite. Those two things make me wonder if he's having a general allergic reaction, maybe to different things.

I've never had to deal with allergies in cats before, so I just did a quick search on the internet. It turns out that there are antihistamine medications for cats, but they're different from the ones we humans take, so that would require a trip to the expensive vet.

Have you tried an anti-itch ointment or lotion that you might find at a pharmacy on that spot? Perhaps if he stops digging at it, it would heal.

Will you be staying in Saudi Arabia, or returning to Malaysia? Best of luck to you and Moki, either way!