View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need Help to foster the little kitten

Hi juztinny

lynie is right, if you create a profile for the kitten then you reach out to more potential adopters.

and also lynie is right - sad but the ugly truth - there are quite many people out there who's only interested in adopting a kitten because of "cute" factor or because of the "pedigree" factor. you can highlight and bold himlayan [B]MIX[B] but they'd only see himalyan, you'd be having lots of queries in no time.

to share my experience : i had several queries for samantha because of the world "siamese" and one even "shouted" me for not posing her pic there. he asked : "is samantha a siamese? does she look like a siamese? any pics , if she looks very much like a siamese then i want her" so i replied asking him whether he'd still be interested in samantha if she doesn't look like a siamese, then he replied in uppercase - "do you have a photo of samantha or not???". needless to say such moronic gesture does not warrant the dignity of a reply from me.

however you may want to ask them to PM you with their details i.e. name. contact number, their background and experience in caring for a kitten, their commitment to the kitten, etc..instead of giving out your hp number directly. this way, you can avoid insincere calls from persons (mostly males) who see a female name at the end of the Hp! i had several experiences of this also.

sorry to scare you but thought to share with you