View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 01:46 AM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road
Default How do u guys get over the sad feeling after giving foster pets up for adoption?

Hi fellow fosterers :)

I'm sure u've all been through it...You rescue a pet, u take care of it until its tame, healthy & ready to go to a new home. U advertise to seek adopters, then u screen the adopters very carefully, and finally u choose one that is most suitable for your precious foster pet...

The day comes for u to give it up to its new owner. You're positive it will have a good life. U know its the right thing to do as it also frees up the space in your home for u to rescue other poor homeless animals...

But...inevitably u will feel that bit of sadness to say goodbye to the one that u've put up so much time & effort for

What do u guys do to help u let go? Maybe u can share your tips to make it a little easier for all of us

(Today I let go of one of my foster cats, and was of course feeling that tiny tinge of sadness... One the way home, I had the carrier in my hand and suddenly.. 2 kittens approached me for food...so.....into the carrier they go! They have come home with me now. Will whip them into shape and put them up for adoption soon )