View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: VOTE EARTH Turning your lights off for an hour is a great start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi View Post
such good earthling.
Here's the Earth Hour Report from Brickfields: The KL Tower went dark except for one small row of lights, probably the restaurant.

Moments later, the Petronas Towers disappeared -- like magic! -- one tier at a time, from the top down. Only a couple of blinking lights to alert planes.

DBKL disappeared from view, as did Maybank. On the other side of the river, the Istana vanished.

Masjid Negara stayed lit, but it was time for Isha prayers. Don't want the faithful bumping into things.

The big red "UMNO" sign atop their building stayed lit up. Again, don't want the faithful getting lost and wandering into the PKR headquarters...

And Sharp/AQUOS left their huge, lit-up sign flashing away. (Reminding me never to buy a Sharp/AQUOS product.)

The street lights remained on, of course, but it was strangely peaceful and felt just a little bit more natural, if anything in the middle of KL could feel natural. I had a couple of candles lit in my place, and by the end of the hour, my eyes had adjusted so that I could see quite well. Sedikit buta saja.

I wonder how much electricity got saved in KL, or in Malaysia, during that one hour... Anyway, Maneki and I loved it.