View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 11:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Bina, I never ask money from the adoptive parents. The only way for me to know they are genuine cat lovers is by pay a surprise visit. Just to chk how is the cat doing.Once a month.I'll do it twice only.Just to make sure the cat/kitten fit into the family and the family taking the trouble to make sure the cat/kitten comfortable with their new home. I also encourage the to call me if they see strange behaviour of the cat/kitten since I'm the one who raise these cat/kitten.

So far I don't have any problem with the adoptive parents visiting their cat/kitten. I think this is fair for both adoptive parents and the cat.
June, I truly admire what you are doing for the kittens and I have nothing against fees or visits, but, believe me, I've seen some really stringent rules for adopters. All I can say, at the end of the day it is all about sincerity, trust and all those mushy stuff.

I've been invited to visit Barley too and it is a nice feeling :). What I'm trying to say is, don't put it to the extent like, "I'll spot check on the kittens, so make sure you take care of them!" but rather, "It'll be nice if I can visit them..." ...

I always hold myself from pestering the adopter with sms or email or call, I'd normally wait for a week and then send them a little sms like "XXX a good boy? well-behaved, I hope?" ... and when they don't reply it worries the hell out of me .... :) but fortunately, all adopters were kind enough to call.

I agree 100% with June on neutering the kittens before letting them off to new adopters, or at least convince them to agree to neuter them!

Also, I normally prefers an adopter who is willing to "wait", rather than those who say, can I have him/her now????? Heheheeh ... just one of my silly ways... :)

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com