Thread: No-kill shelter
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 12:10 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: No-kill shelter

Some cats and dogs will be put to death in our nation’s animal shelter. Their only “crime” is that they have no human address. Others may be sick or injured, but they could be saved with little effort. Unfortunately, they, too, will be killed. And still others arel cat who should never enter shelters in the first place. But there is hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Yes...no-kill shelter. Too many shelters put the animals to sleep after their "expiry date", like throwing away a can of beans that have expired.

Err...just to lari topik for a while (sorry, DIMB), I want to share an experience I had a year or 2 ago. I rescued this tiny kitten from a rubbish dumpster, it was about 2 weeks old or less, and all covered with big, red fire ants. It was meowing so pitifully all day, and I finally followed its voice to a dumpster across the road from where I used to live. I cleaned it up, bottle-fed, and took it to a shelter the next day. The person in charge asked for donation, which I didn't mind giving, but what upset me was after issuing me with a receipt, she said they'll put the kitten to sleep as it's too young to be adopted.

I was in a dilemma. I couldn't keep it, and I couldn't bear to see such a cute kitty put to sleep. It resembles my Blackie when it was that age. I felt that I had made a big mistake taking the kitten there, that instead of rescuing it, I had actually condemned it to death. After that, I no longer take any strays to the shelter.

So, any shelters that adopt a no-kill policy have my fullest support.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.