View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 04:04 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Olympics 2008, the Start of Chinese Domination

The Olympics Bejing opening ceremony is about 17 hours away!!

I simply can't wait...

The hour?

It's August, 8th, 2008, at 8.08 pm (china time).. which translates to:

Date: 8-8-08, Time: 8.08 pm

Five 8s

In chinese, the pronunciation of the word 8 and 'prosperity' is the same... almost... so, the number 8 signifies prosperity and is a lucky number for the chinese...

The number 4 on the other hand shares the same pronunciation with 'death' which is bad... in most elevators in Malaysia, for instance, there will not be a 4th floor, there'll be like floor 1, 2, 3, 3a, 5, etc..

Anyways... OLYMPICS!!!!!

I am hooked on the Swimming events because I used to be a swimmer... I am naturally gifted, ie, I didn't train much but was likely the fastest swimmer in my country in a 25 meter pool.... of course the shortest distance in the olympics is 50 meteres so i can't compete... the reason is that my speed slows down drastically after 30 meters because i lack stamina which only comes after years of training.. but my natural speed was like 10 seconds in 25 meters... the world record for 50 meters is like 21 seconds.. So, I always regrette that I was too lazy to train when I was young, or I may have had a serious chance of being an olympian...

Oh, I am also interested in watching the Basketball, track and field events, the marathon...

So, are you guys gonna tune in? and if so, what events?? or, totally not interested??

And who do you think will win the gold tally this year? China or the US?