Email: judyshoba@mppp.gov.my

c.c. Name: Mr. Ong Ah Teong
Position: Penang Municipal Councilors
Email: atong07@streamyx.com

c.c Name: Mr. Lim Cheng Hoe
Position: Penang Municipal Councilors
Email: chlim1976@live.com

Dear Dr. Judy,

RE: Stop Putting Strays to Sleep and Practice TNR (Trap, Neuter & Release)

In regards to the above matter, I as the citizen of Penang would like to appeal to the council to stop the killing of strays and instead, support TNR (Trap, Neuter & Release). This program has been widely adopt and accepted by many countries worldwide (Sri Lanka , Bali, Thailand and India) and has proven to help in strays’ reduction. As a matter of fact, it’s a more humane solution compared to euthanasia and will be able to give our State a more positive image.

“Quotes from Gandhi: The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated”

The current method that has been in practice for decades, “Catch & Kill” has proven unsuccessful in curbing with the increasing number of strays. Aside from being inhumane, it’s not a long term solution. As some strays are taken out of their territory, others will move in to replace them, which render the initial removal ineffective. Continuous killing will eventually impact our country’s image and investors’ view on us.

TNR (Trap, Neuter & Release) is the only solution to end the re-production cycle, reduce the population of strays and eventually ends the suffering of innocent animals hence I would like to again plea for your kind attention to seriously look into this matter as I believe not only me, but a lot of citizens here are very much concern about this issue.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,