View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 09:02 PM
PetFinder Guru

adrianng87 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Irresponsible & Unconsiderate Adopter

I am experiencing and facing an irresponsible adopter of my two cats, Lobak & Kacang, saying that she can't meet the their discipline of expectations, which is told by me that, they are actually toilet trained, not on going up the toilet bowl to do their stuff, but, it is just plain going to the toilet and find whichever spot on ground they are comfortable in toilet to pee & poo, as I say, in the toilet area.

So here's the long time story that I have to tell for public understanding.
The reason of me giving them out for adoption is that my parent would not allow them to destroy house furniture any further, and to top that up, my parent actually decided to go for a major renovation at home. And so, sadly, I planned to give them out, but only for adoption. I can't see them out straying on streets.

Lobak & Kacang were given to Muhammad from Kepong on late April 2010. Before he came to collect Lobak & Kacang at my home, I briefed him everything about Lobak & Kacang, and told, they are toilet-trained. Muhammad was happy to hear that he don't have to spend much time to train them for the hardest part of teaching animals. Few days later, he mentioned that Lobak & Kacang are too shy to come out venture and eat. I told him that it is natural for them as they are too shy to suit to strangers, but as time goes by, the cats already accepted their new owner and just 'manja' with Muhammad and her wife like what cats always do. There are no problem of them saying the cats pee & poo around the house, or even the cats will pee & poo in the toilet, they did not complain that they have to clean mess, I mean, who would complain when you are serious in taking care of the cats? Muhammad had to give back the cats since his wife is about to give birth soon. It was around August 2010, Muhammad had to give them back. Then, Lobak & Kacang's account for adoption is opened again.

Then came this second adopter, named sasha (as in PF acc.) is interested of having Lobak & Kacang. At the same time, there are a few callers asked about the cats, but, among them, I was convinced by Sasha, so I reserved the cats until she is free to welcome the cats home. It was about 3-4 days until the actual day of taking the cats to her home, but during the 3-4 days, I had to believe that Sasha is the one, and not to let go to other owners even others kept calling. Then, calls after calls she still did not answer my call. Until the day that she had promised to welcome the cats home, she did not answer my sms-es and voice calls. But I did not give up but to call her again to reconsider her and finalize my decisions of whether to let go of the cats to her is right, and then finally that last call, she answered.

During the conversation, I told Sasha that how normally the cats reacts in new home, their habits, their diet, and also their way of pee & poo. When she was told that the cats are toilet-trained, she replied happily and said, even though they are not well trained, I can train them because I have years of experience with cats. It is how convincing anyone would trust her saying that she is not a person that lacks of responsibility and quick in giving up pets. So, I decided very firmly to give Lobak & Kacang under her care. For the first day under her care, she told me that the cats are too shy and hiding. That's what I told her, they are trying to defend themselves from a new environment, why not give them some time, and replied will do.

The second day, she send a sms saying that she is not pleased with them pee & poo around the house, saying that my brief to her was not true that they are toilet-trained. Then I told her, why not give them some time, they are still new to their new home, and gave her some tips to guide the cats to pee & poo in the toilet, and after that, a replied sayin will do.

The third day, she complained everything about them unsatisfying that their habits of pee weren't true from what I told, and I replied more tips for taking care of the cats, and she replied in sms more like a dissatisfying mood.

The fourth day, which is today at approx 5.30pm, she sent a sms saying "dude, that's it. they are so not toilet trained. they just f*ing pooped in my mum's sink! i'm seriously not happy."

I reply to her, "they are really trained, unless there is something that they don't like in the current toilet. How can they jump on d sink?"

Sasha says "if u don't believe me, i'll keep the poop for u to see. what do u mean how did they jump on d sink? as in cats don't jump? btw, when u said they are toilet trained to pee & poop anywhere around the toilet n house! call me irresponsible or anything but they seriously need to go!"

And so I replied calmly as her mood is so swing-ed, "its not that I don't believe u, but i had them long enuf that i knw they wouldn't go up on sink to pee or poo. the day before u took the cats u even said if they ever hv prob with toilet pee or poo, u told me that u will train them cos u hav a long time of experiences."

I added "seriously saying, its not that i didn't tell u detail, but if theres no the sand thing like the litter box, hw can they pee or poo at the same spot? if they did their thing in toilet then it's already what they are trained to. not even dogs can train to shit at the same spot every time.

With disrespect she replied "dude, ur words are cnfusing. come n see it for urself. ill keep it right where it is for u. maybe u can clean it up too. maybe thats y the previous owner gave it away. it takes alot of work for a pregnant lady to do all the cleaning everywhere around da house. right now, i seriously don't care what ur thoughts on me are. i hv to get this house clean before my parents get back tonite."

Seeing that Sasha is not so polite. Then I replied "they did not complain anythg about them shitting around and even they hv to clean their poo, its only in the toilet. u don't expect the cats to clean their own poo in the toilet rite? i visit them and the did not complain anythg bout their discipline. and when i had them for 3 days at my house before i send to u, not even a single pee or poois left by them in the living room. i am very sure that u are not capable of taking care of the cats seeing this msgs, thkg them can think like human does is absolutely ridiculous. how can u expect to take care of cats that u dont hv to pick up their poo? even litter box u hv to do it too."

Then she replied "i don't hv anything else to say. they need to go by tongiht. tq."

So here, I am asking everyone, anyone sees Sasha asking for pet adoption, I strongly not recommend her that she is a serious cat lover. Even if she tells its wrong of infos here, you may ask my proof-friend that helps me through out the process of posting and asking people around to find Lobak & Kacang a new home.

In addition to that, anyone who is really interested in adopting Lobak & Kacang, that has got what it takes to take care of them. Please feel free to visit their profiles in PF or contact me, I would be gladly to help them for the third time finding a new home.