View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 10:15 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Urgent Help Needed with Samantha

yeah ashley! i heard that too! apparently cats don't have "mating seasons". they can get pregnant anytime!! omg!! my vet told me yesterday that when a female cat is nursing, she should not be able to get pregnant.. nursing is sort of a form of contraceptive.. but this is not always the case and some cats can get pregnant as soon as 2 weeks after giving birth.

this really worries me because i have been trying to catch this stray siamese cat in my neighborhood.. she had a litter of 3 beautiful kittens about 2 months ago. i have made friends with her but the kittens won't come near me. i've got to catch them all at the same time as i don't want to leave any kittens out there in the street without their mother.. but i also don't want her to get pregnant again before i catch her! the clock is ticking! and there are gatal male cats EVERYWHERE!!!

any tips on how i can catch mama and her brood together? am already feeding them twice a day right in front of my house. mama is used to me but the kittens run away when i bring the food and only creep back slowly when i've backed off a few meters..