View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Stop Animal Abuse Petition - Press Conference

PETITION TO STOP ANIMAL ABUSE IN MALAYSIA:

PRESS CONFERENCE AND SIGNING OF PETITION BY TAN SRI LEE LAM THYE

SPCA Selangor, June 2nd 2011 - The recent news reports on the cruel stray animal control methods employed by municipal councils indicate that despite public outrage and numerous pleas from NGOs for better stray animal management practices, legislators and elective representatives still lack the political will to consider alternative animal control methods, enforce animal protection laws or impose harsher punishment for cruelty to animals. Malaysia's inadequate laws, ineffective penalties and political apathy has come to the attention of the global community, and animal-lovers everywhere intend to lobby the Malaysian government into reviewing existing laws and practices.

Since its launch on 18th May 2011, an online petition against animal abuse and cruelty in Malaysia (http://StopAnimalAbuse.my) supported by 16 local animal welfare organizations has garnered over 10,000 signatures. The NGOs hope to collect 50,000 signatures in the following months, and soon hand over the petition to the Prime Minister.

A press conference to announce the petition has been organized, details as follows;

DATE: 5TH JUNE 2011, SUNDAY

TIME: 12PM SHARP

VENUE: PET WORLD MALAYSIA 2011, STAGE @ MID VALLEY EXHIBITION CENTRE, MID VALLEY MEGAMALL

Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye, a long-time animal-welfare activist will be attending the press conference and will lend his support by signing the petition. Other influential figures and celebrities are also expected to attend.

Press Conference Itinerary
11.50am VIPs and Heads of Animal Welfare Organisations arrive
12.00pm Intro Speech by Christine Chin, SPCA Selangor Chairman
12.05pm Speech by Andy Koh, Founder of PetFinder.my
12.10pm Speech by Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye
12.15pm Q & A session with Media
12.25pm Signing of petition by Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye, VIPs & Photo session

Join us at the Pet World Expo event to show your support for the petition and animal welfare! Lots of lovely pets for adoption there too, as well as merchant booths and interesting programs.

Sign The Petition Online Now:
http://StopAnimalAbuse.PetFinder.my/

Last edited by AndyKoh; 06-02-2011 at 11:07 AM.