Thread: Little Sally
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 01:24 PM
PetFinder Buddy

baca882004 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Little Sally

Part 2

I wanted to call her Peppers. But my daugther wanted Molly or some cartoon's name. So we settled on Sally because it seems to suit her. My Golden Retriever was ecstatic and tried to play. Sally can't stand such a hyper-active, jumpy 1 year old. So she just followed me around and ignored the Golden completely.

For the next 3 - 4 weeks, I found new things about her. First, she rarely barks and if she did, it was loud and quite deep. She is toilet trained and well-mannered, never bite things lying around the house. She needs to do her business outside, near the road. She won't even "go" in my garden. She's a picky eater, don't play with toys but she loves greenies. She dislike wet floors and wet grasses, preferring to skip or jump through.

Of course, she was also an escape artist. It never occured to me to put grills on the gate because I was used to big dogs. So she ran out of the house a few times, caused near heart-attacks on my part. But she ran out always to do her business. And because she's small, I have a hard time finding her when she hides herself around the house.

But her health was not great. Her infection took almost 1 week to clear. Then a few days of good health and she came down with demodex. Mites, said the Vet and that took 2 - 3 weeks to get better. Then, her eyes started acting up and turned cloudy. More anti-biotics and eye-drops. All through this, Sally took her medication willingly, even the eye-drops. Such a good girl!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04_Sally_2Weeksb.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	449   Click image for larger version

Name:	05_Sally_2Weeksb.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	450