View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 11:55 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone using Wimax here?

You could have Intranet dial-up, too. And you'll hear the modem dialing the phone number as well. And as long as it's not for the public, it is Intranet.

I've sent an email to enquire, but I also googled and found out that the first Internet was available in 1992. But it was in 1995 that it gained publicity and in 1997 corporate companies and the general public started to take an interest in the Internet.

hehe.....my memory wasn't so bad after all. For a moment, I thot I was getting alzheimer's since I did remember that I was one of the guinea pigs trying out the first Internet service in M'sia, except I don't remember whether it was 1993 or 1994. Looks like it must be 1993 then. I was given a free account and was responsible for logging in and testing it every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Within HQ itself, we had intranet where we could message/email each other. This one was the office in Jalan Liku to HQ in Jalan Riong where you can hear the modem dialling the phone number. So this should be internet, right? Perhaps this was a private one; not for public.

If you are talking about public subscribing to internet, it was Jaring which was years later.