View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent Rescue by Pummkin & Friends

Pummkin relates the brave rescue effort put in by her and her friends (TV Smith, Sabrina, etc) at http://pitch.pummkin.net/ :

---------------------------------------
9th May
Furry Friends Are Still Alive!!!

As the boat got nearer to Selat Kering Island, dogs were heard yelping and whimpering.

Ssshh!! Listen…….we stuck our head out of the boat while the engine died. The cries got louder……barks…..yelps……whimper……then howls…

A glimpse of hope appeared before my eyes when we spotted a black dog navigating in the root system of the mangrove swamp in which they were dumped.

There was another sound, it was an animal but it sure wasn’t a dog.

Whatever it was, it was making the dogs whimper……..it’s a predator.

“Cha’at! (how I call TV Smith), we have to deploy now!!!”

He looked at me with agreement and an understanding that required no words of response.

Without wasting our time, Er-Win began to unfold the inflatable kayak and pumped it full.

He came along this rescue being a qualified lifeguard and is a pharmacist by profession.

He had dived with me on several trips and we have some kind of understanding on how to communicate in the water but for this operation, we had to rely on intuition and good common sense.

We got onto the sampan, loaded the kayak and off we went.

The sampan went in as far as it could go and Er Win continued on the kayak.

Pummkin at http://pitch.pummkin.net/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p1020498.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	5259   Click image for larger version

Name:	p1020503.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	5260  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies