View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cats in Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmleong View Post
Do you live in a landed or apartment? I have a bottle of softlan which I use to wash my clothes with. How to make one febreeze, like how much water and softlan to add in the spray. Yes you are right, he will still find ways to find fault with me even if I bring this up to MPPP and they let me keep and I don't like that cause I am a peaceful man who get's upset easilly when other peopl e are causing trouble. Everytime he makes a complain I get worried alot and I can't even eat or sleep for days. It's like that feeling you get when you broke up with your girl friend. Every complain he keeps saying the same thing that his son fall sick or his whole family fall sick.
Friend, as long as your neighbour complains, there is NOTHING the local council authorities can do for you BECAUSE the cepumas is " ... provided that your neighbours DO NOT COMPLAIN about your pets ...".

Even if you do keep the number of pets as allowed by the local council in your premises, if any of your neighbours complains of annoyance i.e. barking, smell, etc., your pets CAN be taken away from you. Pet ownership is not a right, it is just an entitlement.
That is why, relationship with neighbours is important. And before you purchase a piece of property, make sure you survey the area and the mentality of the people there.

There are places where you can let your animals (cats, not dogs) enjoy and live outdoors but there are some where you cannot. Either some itchy finggers (people who only know how to play with but not care for the cats) will steal your nice healthy looking cats and dump them when they are sick, or there are stray dogs, or the people there simply hate them and cannot even tolerate the sight of them, let alone the poo-poo in their garden or backlane.

And sad to say, there are even places where you cannot even keep them indoors with peace ... your neighbour several doors away complains that you are causing their asthma!

Whatever it is, I sympathise with you and wish you luck with your furries. Pets are such a joy and they make your life so much more worthwhile, not to mention your improved health.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies