Thread: Siberian Husky
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 05:55 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Siberian Husky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juztiny View Post
If you think Siberian Husky is just like a wolf, then you are wrong...I have seen a real Russian Wolf in a vet clinic of Sg. Petani, Kedah. The wolf size is as big as a tiger, its paw, its head all are as big as a tiger....real scary....it belongs to a rich man in Sg. Petani, the wolf could not survive in our climate, eventually died in the vet clinic.
Haha Juztiny, you're probably scared of the wolf... but a wolf is hardly as big as a tiger.. perhaps a tiger cup.... My brother works at A Farmosa before and there are a lot of tigers there... And once my vet took care of a tiger for a Russian circus.

But I get what you mean though... a large wolf can LOOK extremely large... but a large tiger is even bigger and can look like a horse! Especially the Liger!

Wolf Sizes:

Average: 50KG

Wolf weight and size can vary greatly worldwide, tending to increase proportionally with latitude as predicted by Bergmann's Rule. In general, height varies from 0.6 to .95 meters (26–38 inches) at the shoulder and weight ranges from 20 (44 lb.) up to 68 (150 lb.) kilograms, which together make the gray wolf the largest of all wild canids. Although rarely encountered, extreme specimens of more than 77 kg (170 lb.) have been recorded in Alaska, Canada and Russia. The heaviest recorded wild wolf in the New World was killed on 70 Mile River in east central Alaska on July 12, 1939 and weighed 79 kg (175 lb.)

Tiger Sizes:

Tigers are the heaviest cats found in the wild, but the subspecies differ markedly in size, tending to increase proportionally with latitude, as predicted by Bergmann's Rule. The heaviest wild Siberian tiger on record weighed in at 384 kg. Male Siberian tigers weigh between 180 and 306 kg on average.

Bengal tigers are the second largest tiger subspecies, although tigers in the extreme northern parts of their range may equal Siberian tigers in size, with an average (male) weight of about 236 kg. Generally, however, male Bengal tigers range between 180 and 248 kg.

Bali tiger - With males weighing just 90 - 100 kg, and females 65 - 80 kg, Bali tigers were the smallest of all tiger subspecies.

So, even the smallest tiger species are bigger than the largest wolf on record...