View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 05:30 AM
Animal Lover

sasha is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Irresponsible & Unconsiderate Owner!!

First of all, i already explained to Adrian on the phone regarding me not answering his calls & he replied with "it's ok". So why are u making such a big fuss out of it..?

My condition:
1- My parents are living in China.
2- I handle my own business which requires me to care for my stall due to shortage of workers.
3- I also teach at a private International Education center.
4- I have to attend to both my sister (who is staying inside campus) & brother's need (who just had his knee operation recently & attends daily physiotherapy).
5- We only have one car for the time being.

My schedule is very hectic & am always running around getting things done. When Adrian called me, i was at my stall. It was very noisy & i didn't hear the phone ring but when i checked my phone & saw a missed call, i texted him, explained to him my condition & told him i would call him back when i reached home. I didn't call him as promised as i reached home past midnight & thought he would probably be asleep already. I opened PetFinder profile & saw that he already post a new add on the cats looking for new adopters, so i assumed he no longer wanted me to adopt his cats. This was on Saturday, 28th August 2010.

I finally answered his call on Sunday night around 10 if i'm not mistaken & he asked me whether i still wanted the cats & i replied 'Yes'. He asked me whether i want to come & get the cat then but i said 'No' as i just reached home from work & am very exhausted. So we arranged for the next day for him to come & send the cats. He said he didn't want to delay of sending them off to a new adopter any longer. He briefed me on the cats & talked a little about the previous owner as i asked him what happened. He told me that they had to let the cats back for adoption as the wife is pregnant & will be due anytime soon. He even called them IRRESPONSIBLE for giving the cats back. He said that he saw the wife was pregnant when they came to pick-up the cats & said something about seeing them as not being a serious adopter. His words were, "Why adopt the cats when u know the wife is already pregnant & will be due soon".

The cats arrived at my house the next day. During our meet up at my house. I asked him these questions:

1st Question:

They are toilet trained right?
He replied, 'Yes, just open the toilet door & they will find their way to the toilet.' So i opened all toilet doors around the house (6 in total).

2nd Question:

Is your house still under renovation?
Adrian replied, 'No, the renovation is done already'.

3rd Question:

Why don't u just keep them?
Adrian's reply was, 'They don't know me anymore'.
I replied the same thing & said it the same time as he did as i recalled him saying that on the phone to me during our first call conversation.

I have witnesses who was there during the conversation.
1- Two of my friends
2- My sister
3- Adrian's friend

Well, the cats started off peeing everywhere around the house eg: in the living room & under my bed regardless the fact that Adrian told me they will actually find their way to the toilets so i opened all the toilet doors (6 toilets in total) assuming it will make it easier for them. I woke up the next morning after their arrival to the smell of their piss at my living room. So i tracked down the smell & cleaned it. I texted Adrian. He told me ways on how to train the cats to use the toilet & be patient (I thought he told me they were already toilet trained) . Then, they started venturing around the house & peed under my bed that night. so i cleaned it up. No big deal right..?

I talked to someone regarding this matter & he suggested that i temporarily cage them up with a litter sand, food & water to train them to use the litter box. I told him i didn't have any cage as i never cage my previous cats & let them run freely around the house. I told this specific someone that i would go get a cage the next day. So that night i temporarily locked them up in my sister's room with the toilet door open, equipped with the litter box, food & water in the toilet. I heard the cat 'meowing' & it was morning already so i let the cats out. Then i went back to sleep.

I woke up to the smell of their piss as usual but there was a slightly stronger smell. I was preparing myself to clean their mess once again as my parents are coming back but was very disappointed when i found the poop in the sink! That's when i thought, that's it. I've had enough! Why claiming that they are toilet trained when they are actually trained to do their business anywhere around the house? That was when i started texting Adrian telling him the cats really had to go! He didn't believe me at first saying, 'How did the cat climbed the sink?', as in cats don't climb..? That's when i told him i would keep the poop for him to see or maybe clean it up for me since the way he said it, as if i was lying.

The first thing here on the unanswered calls is Mr. Adrian, i already explained to u why i didn't answer your call & u replied with 'its ok'. Plus, its not just your call i don't answer to. I also didn't answer calls from my parents & friends. I am always on the go & sometimes don't hear calls because its very noisy where i work.

As for his claims that i don't want to clean the cat's poop & pee is not true. Adrian told me they were toilet trained. However, that is not the case because the cats pee everywhere around the house. Not at the toilet but at the living room, under my bed & pooped in the sink. I don't mind if they do it anywhere in the toilet floor because i can just wash it out with water but anywhere else around the house is seriously not something i can deal with everyday.

The point here is, please be as honest & truthful as possible if u want to let your pets up for adoption. In this case, the add is very misleading. They are seriously not toilet trained! Otherwise they won't pee & poop everywhere around the house unless they assume that the entire house is their personal toilet. So i suggest anyone who wants to adopt them has no problem whatsoever dealing with them peeing & pooping everywhere around the house, not the toilet.

What is Adrian's right of calling me irresponsible & inconsiderate? He doesn't even know me. If he is so responsible & considerate, why give them away? His first reason is that his house is under renovation but i suppose that was months ago. He even said that the house is already done with renovation. His second reason is that the cats don't recognize him anymore. Well, question yourself. If you give them up for adoption, will they know the new adopter? I suppose they don't. His third reason which can be read in the second paragraph in the thread he posted on the Hall of Shame is that his parents would not allow the cats to destroy their house furniture. So which is the right reason for him to give them away? Who's the irresponsible & inconsiderate one now? Why call other people irresponsible & inconsiderate when u are the irresponsible & inconsiderate owner yourself..? You don't want to keep the cats yourself do u? What makes u think it's ok for the cats to destroy other people's furniture?

By the way, Adrian also told me that the previous adopter is IRRESPONSIBLE for giving them back to him after three months of adopting. I guess that makes Adrian as the one & only most responsible cat owner in the world! I congratulate Adrian. He should get an award!!

As for the experiences, it's nothing of Adrian's concern. I've had cats & other pets all my life. I've even had 20 cats at the same time when i was living in Perak. All are strays of various ages which we fed & permanently became ours but none made a mess inside the house.

As for your claim that my car drove from outside of the guard house and not from the house compound is another thing i would like to comment on. Did u not see i came from the house compound? I made a U-turn at the entrance gate. So please don't say things that you are not sure of. If u don't believe me, then that's your problem. Not mine. Two of my friends was at the house helping me find the cats, drove out with me in their own car when i was going to inform the guards. I chose to deal with your friend Shah as he seemed more calm on the situation. I seriously can't talk to you because i was damn mad at you for the attitude u gave me. I understood, you were mad because i wanted to return your cats. Then i heard u calling me unprofessional so i hung up the phone & called u. You were calling me by 'Hey2' as if i don't have a name when i addressed you by your name Adrian. Yes, i was so mad at you & over reacted on the phone but so were you. & now you already have a different opinion on the previous adopter? I thought you said they were IRRESPONSIBLE too.

I'm stressing on the fact again, i seriously don't have any problems cleaning cat's mess but i do have a problem when its everywhere around the house. How long do i have to wait to give them back? Until they eventually pee & poop on the sofa, or on our beds perhaps?

I have nothing to say to all the comments & feedback from other members of PetFinder as i don't know any of you & none of u even know me, so what u have to say doesn't really bother me. Its so very typical of people to interfere & comment when they know nothing. I refuse to interact with any ignorant shallow-minded people who have nothing better to do. I was told by someone not to reply to this thread as he said he knows the outcome will be pretty ugly. Well, trust me, i know!! because i have been following the forums too. I'm posting this as my one & only say on the situation so that people get a view on the situation from both sides. I don't care if none of them are on mine. I am a happy person who leads a very happy life & is surrounded with a very loving family & friends, so nothing else in this world matters to me. This is me. If you don't like it, TOUGH!!

Kacang is somewhere around the house. He escaped when i went out to inform the guards. When i came back, he was no longer inside the carrier. It was my fault. Maybe i forgot to lock the carrier door as i was in a hurry when they told me they were already at the guard house. I looked around the house with the help of my brother but she was nowhere to be found (yes, my house is big. 8 rooms & 6 toilets), so i told them that i would give Lobak first & would return Kacang to Adrian's place myself as i have his home address.

Here, i would openly thank and apologize to those affected. Yes, i was mad, emotional & over-reacted but so was Adrian, so we're on the same page. The only difference was that i cursed.

To PetFinder ADMIN, please delete my account or ban me or anything you wish to do with it as i no longer wish to be in a negative environment.

I rest my case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC16924.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	9977   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC16925.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	9978  

Last edited by Administrator; 09-03-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Combining two threads