View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Cat Slave

Fareen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: my cat's meowing sounds different today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana View Post
Hi.. I really hope I get replies to this soon...

I just noticed that Bulan's meowing sounds different today. He is 1 year 9 mths, neutered male. His meowing is usually sharp, short, brief, very clear, but today it was slow, soft, and kind of a dragging sound.... usually it's like meow! meow!, but now it's meeeeeeooooooorrrwwwww..... (heee.. i hope you get the idea).

I may be overly concerned...but I'd like to know if this is something to seriously be worried about... I can't seem to find anything in the book... nothing goes under the keywords of 'meows'/'voice'/'sound'...so what could it be?

His appetite is fine as usual, active, eyes are normal, nose also normal, nothing watery or what so ever.... but he seriously sound different... anyway with experience? pls share.. I'm seriously worried... I just noticed it today.. but come to think about it, he has been kinda quiet in the past week, but appears completely healthy....
Hmm coincidentally I just read a para in my cat book today re meowing. Although not much details. It just says cats are capable of as many as 100 different vocalisation.

When they're young, the meow is more squeaky. I guess thats Bulan's normal meow meow as you tried to explain But the meow deepens overtime.

So tak taulah maybe Bulan is just getting an older 'meow?'

Not sure why Bulan's more quieter than normal tho. Maybe you should just observe him closely incase of anyting. Btw, I'm the paranoid one when it come to my babies...tak makan sikit dah risau...trying to listen to hubby's advise to stop hovering around them and chill a bit thought it's easier said than done!

Proud mummy of Sophie / Dexter / Yuki / Heidi / Optimus

Feed your cats BARF!
www.catnutrition.org