View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:25 PM
PetFinder Guru

Nana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: my cat's meowing sounds different today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syunichi View Post
No problem. I'm still at the brink of success to break off the chain for the virus to spread to others. Darn virus spread, I've done drastic things like having them to undergo IV treatment but in the end, it will just prolong their period before facing their end. :(

Best things, build them for the worst, in other meaning to feed them vitamins, antibiotics, relieve them from stress to make them strong physically and mentally. Only this can help them help their immune system to be strong to ruled out the sickness in them. That is what I believed.

I hope for the best for your cats ya. Oh ya, my friend had same issue like yours and when I asked him about it, he said it was his cat was having a tooth ache. It was ok after they went to take care of it. Might not be too serious matter right, but we can never be too sure
Oh no. it must be difficult. But I wonder where the source of the virus comes from? (have you started a thread on this matter? so I'll get a peek there). Errm.. in terms of vitamins... I have had them on suplements on and off, as I searched more I got more confused. Some say, if they're on premium food ordy, then there isn't a need for supplements as they may get overdose. But some goes for supplements, and thinks that overdosage is not an issue because any excess would be biologically eliminated anyway. Have you any views on this?

Owh, we went to the vet. and so far found nothing. I saw pieces of solid plastic around their room which I believe came from a ball that they had biten apart into pieces... So I was worried if he had swallowed on that, or any sort of blockage. But vet's checking found nothing, and saw no inflammation. He appeared all ok, so the vet thinks, it was probably some inflammation which was getting better, as I reported that the volume of his sound was getting better. But the change in meow remains the same. I'm relieved in a way, but still reserve some worries, just in case. So he shall be monitored closely.... And according to the vet, the change in meow may be behavioral/psychological, due to stress, attention seeking, or presence of some new 'meows' in his surrounding (which I hope is the case, since I have four kittens who have started getting demanding with loud meows to come out of their room!)