View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Animal Police

Joey'A is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spaying and Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Sorry, Maneki, NO birth control pills or jabs for Ton Ton please.

First and foremost, you mention that Ton Ton is the weakest of your cats. If her health is not good, either vaccination or the spaying operation which will stress her body greatly has a risk of killing her.

Your first priority for some time is her health, not spaying nor vaccination.

Do feed her well with good premium kibbles to restore her health first. She will not get pregnant if she does not come into contact with an unneutered male and you can make sure it does not happen at all by confining her in a reasonably sized cage all the time, never allowing her to slip outdoors unnoticed by you. Never mind the noise she makes while in heat and captivity, if you really want to save her life. What is some noise and inconvenience ... just bear with it till she is really healthy and has gained a good amount of body weight. Give her lots of juicy, lightly steamed chicken breast meat to build up her muscles.

As for the vaccinations, she will not pick up anything new if you do not bring home any new sick cats. As for your existing home environment, if it habors any sickness, in the 2 weeks since Ton Ton's arrival into your home, she will have picked it up and show symptoms already. As such, vaccination will not help her against your existing home infections except to unnecessarily stress her immune system further and make her more sick. You need to understand how vaccination actually works.

So, living under such circumstances in your home, you actually do not need to rush out to vaccinate Ton Ton regardless of what that vet says. Anyway, you cannot vaccinate a weak or sick cat. It can actually kill her off faster!

Many cats with hidden sickness unnoticed by their owners because the animals had appeared ok actually died after receiving vaccination because the sick animals' immune system had actually been weakened by the sickness in them and the vaccination's additional stress on their already weak immune system caused them to lose the important fight and die.

ONLY when Ton Ton is completely healthy and strong, do you FIRST spay her. And only a couple of month when she has fully recovered from the stress of the major operation (yes, for a female it is a major operation, can you imagine a human undergoing a major operation?) do you start considering vaccinating her. Understand?

Taman Melawati is very near Setapak where Klinik Kembiri is located. Look for the Pizza Hut at the main road to get to the side road turning leading to the clinic. Once turning in, look out for the bright coloured fire brigade (bomba in malay) building on your left and take the small turning on your right to the clinic.
Totally agreed with Furkids. Anyway i can give u a ride if you want to send Ton Ton to Klinik Kembiri~ PM me if you interested.

http://tailstory.blogspot.com/