View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Animal Lover

Gene is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Penipuan Jualan Kucing

bro,
my advice to you, DO NOT give any money until you get the cat.

Similar thing happened to me few months ago, i was looking for Egyptian Mau and found this person giving 2 E.Mau kittens for free on the internet (OLX.MY), she claimed that she was too busy to take care of the kittens. in her posting the address shows that she lives in Kelantan.

After few emails , she told me she had chosen me over the others who contacted her for the kittens because i seemed to be someone who can take good care of her kittens, I was very excited and replied her email asking when can i go to Kelantan to collect the kittens from her.

The next day she replied me, telling me the address on the posting was her old address, she already move to Sarawak along with her family, she will send the kittens to me with Animal Courier Service, and i will have to bear the delivery fees of RM700.

RM700 is really cheap considering i m getting 2 TICA Certified E.Mau kittens. but then this entire thing just seems to be getting more and more suspicious so i decided not to trust her. I replied her email telling her i am willing to pay RM700 to her but with a condition which i will need to speak to her personally over the phone before i bank in the money (all the previous communication was in Emails). i wanted her to call me for 2 reasons, to test whether she's genuine (i believe that its harder to lie in a phone conversation then emails.) and also to get her phone number so in worst case scenario i can still report her to the authority.

The next day a guy claimed to be her husband called me (7am in the morning), from his way of speaking i can tell he is definitely not a Malaysian, probably someone from Africa. and the caller ID shows 'Private Number'. He asked me whether i still want the kittens or not, if i do he will give me his bank account details . i then told him i no longer want the kittens because i knew this is a scam.

Later that day i logged on again to OLX.my just to find out the posting had already been removed. I then surfed through the listings and found similar postings all over OLX.my, only difference between the postings are the breed of the cats and the seller's name and location.

They are many scammers nowaday on the internet which i believe most of them are the same group of people. Be careful guys, be sure to double, even triple check before you make any payments.