View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Animal Lover

CanuckinKL2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pet relocation to Australia

Taking dogs & cats into Australia is a long, arduous and costly process. But, is possible. The people I know who have done it have all gone through one person (I guess you can call him an agent) and even with that have had to follow-up on things themselves.

Pls refer to the following Australia government website for details/outline of the process.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs

The process must be followed as outlined (microchipping, RNATT testing, Nipah virus testing, arrival times in Australia, vaccinations, crate sealing issues, etc). Do not expect any compassion or leniency. Believe them when they say they will send the animal back to Malaysia at your cost if things are not done correctly. Be prepared for a minimum one month quarantine in Australia.

I've heard through the grapevine that RNATT testing is only done at government clinic in Shah Alam and can only be sent to UK (cheaper but slow) or Australia (faster but pricey) only for accepted results.

I think you can do it yourself if you know the system here in Malaysia and have the time and patience.