View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Neutering, What to expect, preparations??

Eunna,you must fast your cat from drinking and eating by 7pm tonite until tmrw before you send Sherbet for neuter. put him in the cage without water and food from 7pm until tmrw.He's not supposed to eat/drink anything before neuter.

For male cat,the procedure is very simple.When the vet done with the operation you bring him back home and keep in the cage.this time you can give him food and water.He'll pass out and groggy for a while (because he was sedated before the operation).Within 24 hours he'll back to normal.Howerver u must not let him from the cage for the next 24 hours.(nanti bentan) After 24 hours you can let him from the cage but DO NOT let him out from your house for at least 5 days.

Better go to Klinik Kembiri because govt clinic u must set an appointment first and they don't tell you to come next week or 2 days later but they will ask you to come 2 mths later!!! appointment for operation fullybooked!! Klinik kembiri in Setapak charge only RM40 for male cat. Private vet charge between RM80-RM120.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euanna View Post
I'm thinking of neutering my kitten, Sherbet. He's 6 month and I want to neuter him as soon as possible. What is the procedure for neutering? I'm thinking of taking it to the government vet hospital..

Questions :
Can I get a neuter when I go tomorrow morning? Or do I have to go through kitten check-up before the doctor agree to a neutering?

Any preparation I should know before neutering a kitten??

This is the first time I ever send a pet for neutering.. any help would be much appreciated...

Last edited by June; 03-30-2009 at 09:25 PM.