View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:27 PM
nyan nyan :3

rawr2buny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rawr2buny
Default Re: Please someone help this poor injured cat!

Salam, just got back from the vet.

The cat is suprisingly obedient. A good boy, very manja with the vet.

This is what I had summarised from the vet visit:

1) The cat, well lets give him a temporary name, Orange perhaps?

2) Source of Injuries: Probably Orange got hit by a car around 2/3days ago.
- Jaw dah patah 2 and infected. Senget sebelah, gigi dah tak ada, mcm jongkat jongkit dah dienye lower jaw. (need wiring (surgery?). that's the reason why kena ade penjaga for atleast 2 months so that boleh bawak balik ke vet utk buka the wiring)
- Wound is normal. Just need care and clean up. Seminggu maybe boleh sihat.
- Kidney seems funny. A bit big. So vet akan buat ultrasound FOC nak tengok ape jadi.

3) Duration of Recovery: Approximately 2-3 months.

4)Cat's Status: Hospitalized for 3 days for wound treatment, drip since it got too dehydrated etcetc. So that Dr can check ape problem Orange and estimate roughly the total cost.

5) Dr. Teoh's recommendation:
After 1 week, the cat should not need Drips etcetc sgt just nak tunggu dia pulih. The problem is the hospitalization tu will cost quite a fortune of money. (which makes my mom's face go *jaw dropped* macam tu). He asked whether we can bring the cat home, of course the answer is NO by mom. Because according to Dr. should there be no problem, after 1 week leh bawak Orange balik and just bersihkan sikit2 then tunggu jaw baik. Since he's a fighter, a strong one. Still can walk properly although a bit weak because of dehydration. but IF, tak ada anyone jaga, then we'll have to let the cat stay at the vet and god knows how much it will cost.

6) First week treatment: Roughly RM200-300
- Hosp. RM25/day
- Drip RM40*
- Wound RM100*
- Meds RM50*
*The last 3 ni just sampai die stable je. Once sihat tak kira sgt dah. Hospitalization tu je menjadi masalah kalau utk 2-3 bulan.

7) Orange dekat vet: Look how adorable he is, very manja actually

Seriously, I can truly understand why mama is very against this rescue thingy, but wtvr her reason is, this, i cant accept her way of thinking. Im sure if she cooperate both of us can share the cost but no, she already talked about how Kyon is sick right now and that's a burden already and asked me to pay for the vet bills, foods after this which is like WHAT?! (I know mom got very impulsive and talked random hurtful things when she got stressed up but still, it hurts). I hope she wont take drastic moves like taking my baby brother Kyon & Koko away from me. It broke my heart and here im back from the vet with puffy and red eyes plus tear streaked face. Oh Allah, on this Ramadhan I beg you do give me more strength to face all these things and pls heal Orange ASAP.

@Kak June: True. Sedih fikir mama mcm tu. I clearly know why she's like that, but I am in no place to disclose whatever happened tho ^^; Anyway, Thank you soo much akak :) I tried not to be too sad but gosh, it hurts like.. *speechless* Of all houses Orange came to my house and yet I can do nothing for him. Ye la nak lawan mama pun, I am sooo weak against her.

Yep, hopefully there forumers yg boleh adopt this cat. I'll share the bills but dalam masa 2-3 bulan tu kena ada org jaga, that is the most important thing now.

Last edited by rawr2buny; 08-11-2010 at 05:36 PM.