View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Animal Lover

Moms Animal Haven is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A No-Kill Animal Shelter

Sorry im new to all this. first thing, my name is Jenny. I live in Monterey, La.I have been wanting to start my own animal shelter for large and small animals. I've found that there very good dogs,cats, and horses, that are veryloving, and willing to learn, just to make the owner love them. but in most cases its the owner that does not know how to handle or treat and animal the correct way. or they dont realize what there getting into when they getone. Or they get the puppy or kitten thinking its gonna be easy to take care of. and you got somereality setting in, and they realize they cant handle that responsibilty. So what they do is dump them out somewhere to fend for themself. and in most cases they get hit by cars, or starve to death b/c they dont know how to hunt for there own food. And then ov course there are the times when people like us cant stand to see this happen to the animal, and we pick it up.
no the talk about kill-shelters i am definatlly against. But i do belive in humanly euthinizing some animals. if they have no chance in surving, if they are suffering, or whats wrong with them cant be fixed by meds or vets.
Yes going to a vet is expencive but some will help if they see the same as us.
As for all the comments about the aspca and the humane society. I think there only doing what they can, or how there policies are written. Yes im sure that there are alot of things they could change, and do differntly, but that all takes time. and alot more money. we all have things to change. But hey arnt we all hear for the same reason. Instead of putting other organizATIONS down we need to figure out a way to work together.
OK, sorry i got long winded. I just wanted to comment on everything.