View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Irresponsible & Unconsiderate Owner!!

Furkids, Midnight Maiden, and Nurkasih said it first and said it best: This is an unfortunate case of well-intentioned people and highly-stressed cats all working together to make... well... a mess. I know it's not funny when you're the one confronting a house that smells of cat poo, nor when one cat is so stressed that it's gone into hiding. My sympathies really go out to all parties involved, whether they have 2 or 4 feet. :-)

I would like to say this, though... We've had some extremely emotional threads here on PF in the past. We often leap to defend cats & dogs whom we fear have been abused, neglected, or bred & sold for profit. This time, though, everyone seems to have looked at the situation from both sides and realised that there are no bad intentions or willful mistreatment. It's nice to see that our community can behave calmly and reasonably when the situation is not one of life or death.

Sasha, as Furkids said, please don't give up on Petfinder; it can be a wonderful and very POSITIVE source of good information and support. I also agree with Midnight Maiden's comment that you deserve credit for returning the cats, rather than throwing them out or giving them away. I hope you are able to find & return Kacang, as well. :-)