View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent Help Needed with Samantha

Ashley,do you want volunteer to give donation until she give birth or do you want somebody to adopt her?? If you want donation,I will gather our friends for collection to be given to you.Poor Samantha. After she give birth then we can also give her kitten for adoption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Dear All Forummers and Animal Lovers

I urgently require help with caring for samantha.

I took samantha for her vet visit last sunday - for her vaccination and later on her neutering . unfortunately the vet pronounced her as pregnant - at least six weeks along. i was shocked to hear that as i kept her caged up and separated from my cats (one of which is still un-neutered) and any strays since she came to me . she must have been pregnant when she turned up at my doorstep. she's with me now for slightly over six weeks. vet said she's due in either 2 or 3 weeks time (pregnancy duration of 65 days)

my choices now are :
1) take her for abortion although it's considered late term abortion

2) to see her through with her care and delivery of her kittens

i've chosen for option 2 as i'm not sure there's any animal shelter here that practices no-kill policy (especially for a pregnant cat and future unwanted litter).

i've looked at my own household and i realised i'm short on

1) space to seggregate samantha from my own cats and gabriel so that samantha has a safe place for delivery - will reduce stress for her. not the time to try to integrate her with my cats right now. my cats don't like it for some reason.

2) i don't know anything about caring for pregnant cats and her kittens before, during and after delivery. just hearing the vet described it, i'm already panicking.

can some good samaritan out there help to take over care of samantha in her current condition? if yes, then i can turn my attention to her son, gabriel and keep him with me while trying to seek a permanent home for gabriel.

for some reason, my own cats are reacting aggressively to gabriel and to each other - they're very nervous and edgy. i am unable to cope with a pregnant cat right now, i'll be honest and i'm not too proud to ask for help especially when my mistakes and pride may cause further suffering to samantha and gabriel.

pls don't mistake my request for help as indicating that samantha is difficult and aggressive. that's far from it. she's still the sweet girl she is - just that i wish to have a good environment for her right now without her having to worry about her safety shelter and food.i myself am not able to care properly for her and i don't wish to do her an injustice by being to proud to admit that i need help with samantha.

pls don't worry, i won't ask any volunteers to foot samantha's vet bills. i can provide food for samantha if she's taken care by a volunteer but not the other equipments like litter box, water and food bowl, litter material or cage (as i'm short on this also).

hope offers for help will pour in. my final choice will be to surrender her to the shelter and i hope it won't come to that.

waiting with bated breath :