View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Urgent Help Needed with Samantha

hi lynielime, kitty_inky, june

i think i need to clarify i'm not asking for money or collecting money. i need help to take care of samantha before and during birth and after birth. of course if complication arises during birth and she needs to be taken to the vet, then i'll bear the vet expenses if it comes to that.

i will take her back to her vet this weekend to see whether we can find out how many kittens to expect - it will make it easier to monitor whether all her kittens come out as expected. last week's x-ray showed 1 kitten (at least i see one spine). the ultrasound showed two spines and a heart beating but inconclusive whether 1 or 2 kittens. only conclusive in confirming pregnancy. no charge for this week's x-ray exam. that's kind of the vet. (i'm glad i asked the vet to check first before taking her to the klinik kembiri - otherwise - dare not think of the consequences).

post delivery, i'll need to check with the vet when they're can be moved but i understand that the kittens can't be moved or touched during the initial period to reduce risk of rejection by the mother or reduce stress to the mother and interfere with her taking care of her babies.

post delivery, her kittens can be rehomed, around 6 weeks or so the earliest although the longer they stay with their mom, the more skills and behaviour they learned from her.

samantha is meant to be rehomed from the time i rescue her. there was an interested person but she didn't know that samantha is pregnant and neither did i at that time. i've written to this person to inform her of samantha's condition but have not received any reply.

lynielime, thanks for offering. if you have a cat room,will you be able to keep only samantha in this room? i was advised by my vet that at this point in time, samantha will be more protective of her unborn kittens and will be inclined to display more aggressiveness than is her norm when faced with other cats in her immediate surrounding. in any case, i was advised to not let her mingle with other cats before during and after her delivery. until she and kittens are ready (exactly how that means i also don't know).

any help and advice from forumers will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.