View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent Help Needed with Samantha

Hey!! That's sound familiar!! I have the same problem too.Mother very friendly cat but her kittens are quite defensive. I did what 1 guy from other forumer advise me to do. I put my carrier outside.Let the door open wide.Tie a string (very halus string,if possible white string) at the door.Put the food inside the carrier.Once the got inside to eat, pull the string and close the carrier door.whoa!!! really works man!!! But u must know visible to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
yeah ashley! i heard that too! apparently cats don't have "mating seasons". they can get pregnant anytime!! omg!! my vet told me yesterday that when a female cat is nursing, she should not be able to get pregnant.. nursing is sort of a form of contraceptive.. but this is not always the case and some cats can get pregnant as soon as 2 weeks after giving birth.

this really worries me because i have been trying to catch this stray siamese cat in my neighborhood.. she had a litter of 3 beautiful kittens about 2 months ago. i have made friends with her but the kittens won't come near me. i've got to catch them all at the same time as i don't want to leave any kittens out there in the street without their mother.. but i also don't want her to get pregnant again before i catch her! the clock is ticking! and there are gatal male cats EVERYWHERE!!!

any tips on how i can catch mama and her brood together? am already feeding them twice a day right in front of my house. mama is used to me but the kittens run away when i bring the food and only creep back slowly when i've backed off a few meters..