View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I saved 3 dog life yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
They don't understand. My boyfriend likes to kacau dogs. So if he sees one (when he drives slowly and there's no cars around), he likes to give highlight, honk and even purposely make the car looked like it's losing control. The dog would just sit there and stare. It's like, "Oooh, look at the pretty lights". The same goes for cats as well.

But the funniest I've seen is monkey. It was trying to cross the road, then it stopped in the middle and patah balik. I was like 'Whaaaaat? Did the monkey forgot something back at 'home'?". xDD
According to findings, a LOT of animals die on the road at night because they do not run but get blinded/stunned by the headlights of the oncoming vehicles. When the horns are blaring, it makes them even more terrified, but because they are blinded by the headlights, they do not know which direction to run to safety and stand frozen in fear .... poor animals!

Daytime is ok, they do not get stunned by the headlights and they can see properly to react fast naturally to the oncoming danger.

That is why I KURUNG all my cats AT NIGHT while most people let them loose. Don't want anyone of them stand frozen to the road in the path of oncoming cars (lights and horns and all) because they are stunned/blinded by the headlights and in a daze don't know what to do and which direction to run.

It is like someone shines a big torch into your face at night ... you know the feeling ....
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies