View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Animal Lover

yongp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sick Pups from SPCA

You know , it is funny how people can pre-judge you ever so easily. To some members, maybe RM560 is loose change but to me, a retiree, it is a lot of cash. I have another old dog I resuced from Paws 13 years ago and I had to return the puppies. I cannot risk my old dog getting Parvo, which, by the way is deadly(although less so in adult dogs) and I am sure SPCA put the puppies down immediately after I returned it.

They would not be so irresponsible to put the puppies up for rehoming again unless they want the Parvo to go on the music chairs round and kill off half the younger dogs in SPCA and potentially other dogs of the adoptees household. By the way, the pups were so sick , they could not even lift their heads and was de-hydrated even with after drip my vet administered for a day. Blood were coming out with the stools and they stopped eating completely.

Yes, I could probably keep them and spend another RM260 per day per pup but I am a person whose mind rules over the heart. The vet gave me virtually less than 50% of survival even with blood transfusion etc. I know some will be willing to spend a few thousand ringgit just to try to save the pups...'in sickness and in health', if you have money to spare. It is always easier to say than do it yourself. Proof of the pudding is in the eating....so until you have actually forked out several thousands of RM to save pups with those slim chances of survival, don't even begin to pass judgement.

By the way, if I never expected these pups to be 100% healthy, what do you expect from PAWS & SPCA? I have had experiences taking dogs before from PAWS.

By the way, Mrs. Doolittle, my ex-vet has warned me not to take dogs from shelters, a vet, yes...that is why he is my ex-vet.