View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Macam mana nak tahu yang kucing tu pregger and mana tempat boarding yang MURAH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maris_sa528 View Post
MidnightMaiden,

I jenis loyal sikit, Huhu. All these while I stick with satu vet. Anyone here knows about Pet clinic "Hands & Paws" Tropicana Damansara? Ada yang pernah dapat bad experience dengan derang tak? Dr Mervin & Dr Jenny tu extremely lovely and i satisfied with the way they treat my cats. Mahal sikit tapi saya puas hati. Last time Dr Mervin ada advice untuk spay, tapi sbb kucing I 2-2 ekor female so, dia kata kalau nak hold pun tak apa.

I actually still in dilemma to spay or not to spay. I have obsession problem. I obsess with my cats. one of my cat is a rare species which i think if something happen with her, I might not get the same replacement. <--- Ok, at this point, please shoot me, it my greatest fear/weakness.
Maris_sa528, actually you are afraid of losing your cat.

Now, let me put it this way:

You WILL lose your cat one day. If you truly love her, would you want your cat to suffer going into heat at every cycle (for your beloved CAT, it is actually very stressful and uncomfortable - but for you and some others, it is merely "gatal", sadly and wrongly perceived, and even giggled at in ignorance!).

And with each unsuccessful heat episode, her chances of developing cancer is raised. Do not tutup mata and hope the problem will go away.

Are you going to ask everyone for advice until you get to hear some reassuring words that you actually want to hear so that you do not have to spay your cat because of your fear?

You must overcome your fear for the sake of your cat. You need to be mature about things. And if you really don't want your cat to die on the operating table or after that, find a good vet surgeon who has done this operation many, many times. Not someone who says ok, want your money and hurts your pet. Not every vet has good practical experience in performing surgery, that is why you even have some vets trying to practise to improve themselves by offering to do for free. But I never take up this offer. Nanti dia potong besar dan kasar sampai 6-8 inci and my cats end up sakit sampai separoh mati. There are no free lunches.

So, Maris_sa528, you must do your homework and check out the vet. See for yourself how tidy is the wound after he/she has operated on another animal. You must do your homework if you truly love your cat and not just sit around shivering in fear over a botched surgery for your cat.

There is no such thing as being loyal to your vet who runs a clinic for business and you are the customer. If you insist on being loyal, do so instead to your cat which loves you. Be loyal to your cat.

I have sent many, many of my strays for spay/neuter but to this day, saya cerewet about who actually does the operation for my animal. I never simply kasi any tom, dick or harry. That is why my animals suffer minimal pain and recover very, very fast.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies