View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

maris_sa528 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Macam mana nak tahu yang kucing tu pregger and mana tempat boarding yang MURAH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Maris_sa528, actually you are afraid of losing your cat.

Now, let me put it this way:

You WILL lose your cat one day. If you truly love her, would you want your cat to suffer going into heat at every cycle (for your beloved CAT, it is actually very stressful and uncomfortable - but for you and some others, it is merely "gatal", sadly and wrongly perceived, and even giggled at in ignorance!).

And with each unsuccessful heat episode, her chances of developing cancer is raised. Do not tutup mata and hope the problem will go away.

Are you going to ask everyone for advice until you get to hear some reassuring words that you actually want to hear so that you do not have to spay your cat because of your fear?

You must overcome your fear for the sake of your cat. You need to be mature about things. And if you really don't want your cat to die on the operating table or after that, find a good vet surgeon who has done this operation many, many times. Not someone who says ok, want your money and hurts your pet. Not every vet has good practical experience in performing surgery, that is why you even have some vets trying to practise to improve themselves by offering to do for free. But I never take up this offer. Nanti dia potong besar dan kasar sampai 6-8 inci and my cats end up sakit sampai separoh mati. There are no free lunches.

So, Maris_sa528, you must do your homework and check out the vet. See for yourself how tidy is the wound after he/she has operated on another animal. You must do your homework if you truly love your cat and not just sit around shivering in fear over a botched surgery for your cat.

There is no such thing as being loyal to your vet who runs a clinic for business and you are the customer. If you insist on being loyal, do so instead to your cat which loves you. Be loyal to your cat.

I have sent many, many of my strays for spay/neuter but to this day, saya cerewet about who actually does the operation for my animal. I never simply kasi any tom, dick or harry. That is why my animals suffer minimal pain and recover very, very fast.
Yup, I admit, I am afraid of losing them. I think most of us have this fear unless for those that not LOVE but USE the cats.

Spay is really a good approach to make sure they live longer. I have no doubt about this. I am not waiting for someone come and say, "Marini, you are right..' but yeah as you said, i have to fight my own fear <-- slap me!

To decide to spay my cat especially my Blue Blink is one of hardest decision for me to take. She is the weirdest, the most brilliant, the most beautiful (in her own way), the greatest assistant i ever have in my whole life of keeping cats. And i could hardly see to get another 'Blue Blink' in future if I loose her. <--- Again, you may call me selfish. Like your own kids, if you lose them you might feel the same right? I am too in love with my cats. My mistake.

She will be spayed. Sooner or later. and trust me, I will never sell my cats, and even if I have kittens from them, I will give them free to my trusted fren/relative.

By the way, I am just tiny case who only have 2 unspayed cats. I realize some of so called cat lover here in PF also not spaying their cats even dare to mix the cats with opposite sex, and when their cat pregnant, they tend to open for adoption, and some sale it with great price. I think the attention should be given to those, perhap?

FK, Midnight, I really2 do appreciate your advises. Seriously i do. And honestly, since I join PF last year, even am not speak much in thread, i did follow some of your advises and improve my way of treating my furkids. Really thanks for your guidance. *bow sincerely.

Cheers.