View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Animal Lover

july8 is on a distinguished road
Default Guide to transport ur pets to sabah

Hi all~ before this, im here to ask here n there on how to transport my luvlay pet to Sabah..thanks to several comments & nasihat..sampai jgk kucingku..hihi

only nak update je lah several things .. sbb sy berlari kesane kemari jgklah.. n nervous betol bile tba2 my pet stranded at the KLIA .... which spptutnye naik flight with my sister..oh well..

so here goes (this is for a person who actually already in sabah n ur pet is still in peninsula)

1.basic: complete vaksin,microchip

2. tak pyh pegi sabah's gov vet...now all application are online n all services/enquiries will have to deal with jabatan pertanian sabah..(bggunan WISMA PERTANIAN yg besar atas bukit dekat2 queen elizabeth hospital)

3. website : (using mozila firefox only) www.davetsa.sabah.com.my . apply for ur own account first..it'll take half/whole day for ur password to b processed..after u obtain ur password,then u have log in and fill in ur personal details. after u done that, u HAVE TO VALIDATE ur personal detail FIRST before u can fill in ur pet's details!! call this helpfull person @ jabatan lesen/permit (miss rafidah: 088287411)..after she had validate everything u can proceed with ur permit application.

4. dlm 2 3 days..u have to check if it has been approved..then u have to pay rm11 atthe license office..then..(*bad news)u only can collect ur permit the next day..:(.. considering the office is far away from my home..its not that effective i think..

5.okay..so ur IMPORT permit is done.. so u can pass ur import permit to sbody in peninsula that is handling ur pet.. (import permit is VERY important..because of this my cat stranded at the airport!)..make sure whoever carrying ur pet has d copy of this permit!

6. next..bring the cat to the gov vet and get the petpassport done,health certificate n export permit..by tomorrow,everything is complete!! yey!

7.at the airport..they need to check this 4 documents.

8.price terkini i think around : rm20-25/kg.. (june2011) pet+carrier

9.so ur pet arrived..tadaa~!! but u have to go to the cargo areas to settle documents n all... get the kastam to cop some papers..pay rm15 at the counter 4 sumthing2..n rm10 to the quarantine guy...that then will take ur pet to the quarantine station in kinarut...u can follow them..or come by later..

10.ur pet will stay approx 1 month at the centre..but u can apply for 'quaratine-at-home'.. meaning they'll check ur pet now n then for updates.

that's it..hope it helps..

ohh ya...theres no adress for kinarut centre..n google x ada jgk~...but to b simple..dr bndar kk...ikut jln to PAPAR... straighttt....if u saw tentera darat base at the left..then u r on d right track...then ada trafic light...ambil kanan.. 1st roundabout ambik pkul12..2nd roundabout (pkul 12 jgk)..straight smpai nampak ade pondok kecik berbendera malaysia kat kanan jln... kat situ lah die..huhuhu... sempat jgk lah saye sesat..haha