View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

You know Azmyrax, after reading the link you provided my heart lagi sedih because it seems like Egeh's owner callously, consciously and willfully dumped Egeh unvaccinated into the shelter and fully exposed her to all kinds of sickness and diseases like Maneki Neko said. Also done to rid herself of all inconvenience of handling the adoption. Shows she did not care a hoot about Egeh. Cats like Egeh no matter how long the fur will be killed. The shelters do not have the resources to individually care for one cat like that even if they want to. Also, the staff are always fearful about what happens to unvaccinated cats brought in - especially kittens - the danger and mortality rate is very, very high. Even the clinic Healing Room will tell you to take your cats or dogs home quickly and not keep in the clinic if possible to take home because they are always fearful of sick cats brought in.

Well, crying doesn't help or make a bad decision sound better. Not easy as it may be for you, it is even harder for poor Egeh as she will risk losing her very life:

"Of course it was not a brilliant idea and worst decision that I ever made!!! I am crying damn hard when a time they put her into the cage and non stop crying all the way back home..for whole day I can't stop thinking bout her and flashed back all memories when she was a little kitten. Seriously it is not an easy for me."
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies