View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
Among her excuses for being busy & tied down is because she lives alone, money problems & she works shifts, which sometimes requires her to work weekends.

My very dear friend is a fellow rescuer & fosterer. She works shifts as well, many days till the wee hours of the morning. She too lives alone, she too doesn't earn all that much. Someway, somehow, she has always found the time to rescue & find proper adopters for her strays (often DSH which are much harder to rehome).

In fact, most of us are busy people with hectic work schedules, not to mention endless other personal commitments. Yet, because we realise what's at stake, many times we bend over backwards to ensure the safety & comfort of our helpless charges.

Yes it's time consuming, yes it can many times be inconvenient, yes there are many potential adopters out there who will dissapoint you by simply not turning up. But all I can say is.. when there's a will, there's a way @ hendak seribu daya, tak hendak seribu dalih.
Ya, that is one callous woman and you took the words right out of my mouth, friend.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies