View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 11:38 PM
Animal Lover

syidajaafar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Edu: Any TESLians out there? :D

TESLian in da house!!!!!!!!

B.Ed TESL (Hons.) 2007
Universiti Teknologi Mara

Wahwahwahwah seharian tak jenguk, tup2 dah ada thread untuk TESLians dan dah meriah pulak tu!!! Huhu daku ketinggalan keretapi...

There were so many other TESLians who have explained in detail about their experiences regarding B.Ed TESL in their respective universities/instituitions, so I guess it is now my turn to tell you about B.Ed (TESL) programme in UiTM.

Basically, B.Ed (TESL) programme in UiTM takes four years to complete, plus one year of pre degree/foundation. But if you apply with your diploma, you don't have to do the pre degree.

Based on what you said, i think you should consider enrolling in UiTM for your degree. Why?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr2buny View Post
I have always had passion in languages-especially English & Japanese - & I also enjoy teaching.
In UiTM, it is compulsory for all students to take a third language for the first three semesters, such as Japanese, French, Arabic etc2. There are so many languages to choose from. And if you want to continue taking it for the rest 5 semesters, it is up to you to do so. (I took French and it was so much fun!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr2buny View Post
Is it possible for me to change from IT diploma tu Edu degree? (assuming I wanna continue my studies in IPTA)
Yes it is. I got friends who have diploma in IT and also in Office Management who enrolled in our programme. No problem at all.

The most important thing is, show your love towards English Language and teaching profession during the interview, and you'll be fine.

Try to apply for the second intake, somewhere in July, your chance to get selected is higher since UiTM diploma students/SPM students/STPM students were already taken in (they will be the first priority). You don't have to 'fight' for a place with them

Some of us (like me) can't stand teaching in schools (i'm more of a cat person rather than a kids person hehehe) but that's not a problem for us UiTM TESLians. We don't have any 'contracts' whatsoever. We can be whatever we want (some of my friends do PR, some become lecturers *like me* and some just send their applications to the Education Ministry to become school teachers and got selected in no time at all. No strings attached...

But what i want to say is, TESl grads laku macam goreng pisang panas, tak sempat nak bosan kat rumah, dah macam2 tempat rebut2 nak grab kita hehe.

For example, my batch habih blaja in November/Disember, by April semua dah dapat keje (i dpt keje in February), masa konvo in June semua dah kaya2 hehehe melaram tak ingat!

Fuh. penat dah.

All the best Sha!