View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Animal Lover

Shahrinaz is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Healing Pets at Damansara Jaya

I rescued a kitten from a nearby drain almost 8 months ago. He was severely bitten by red ants and was in a lot of pain. A friend advised to have my cat neutered so i started to do research online to find out abt the procedure and also to find the best vet in town. Upon reading all the wonderful reviews on this forum, I decided to make an appointment with Healing Pets. The day came to neuter my male cat and naturally I was very anxious as by then I had become very attached to my cat, gOgo (my very manja tuxedo cat..)

I'll tell u my experience and then you can decide for yourself if this is really the best vet for ur pet:

Got there early for the appointment and the Dr. was so darn busy, too busy to even have a chat with me to briefly explain the procedure. I literally handed my cat over the counter, filled up some forms and was told to come back later during the day. I was disappointed as I had been hopIng for some reassurance or at least a few secs with the Dr. before handing over my precious GOgo. Came back at the end of the day and Gogo seemed fine but was groggy ad very dazed. This is normal of course and i consoled myself by saying that neutering is the best option for gogo (had reservations abt it initially). The Dr. was of course too busy to talk to me. He only came out when I insisted to see him after his wife told me that my cat was actually too immature so they only managed to cut one testicle. ONE testicle?! Why did they not check first before putting my cat under and go thru all the hassle of recovery just to have the same procedure done again in a few months time? Was it so difficult to call me before the procedure and ask my opinion?? The wife (and the Dr.) apologised and said that the next procedure will be free.

I may be a newbie pet owner, but to me, this is unacceptable. Going under completely (anaesthesia) is never good for humans, so I'm assuming the same goes for animals. The Dr. and his wife simply do not get that it is not about having to pay for the procedure twice, but about my right as a "patient". There is simply no excuse to do whatever you want with my pet without my prior consent.

I wish I hadnt read this forum beforehand, and wish I'd gone somewhere else instead. I am certainly not going to go to the same vet for the unnecessary second procedure (even if it's for free). I hope this post helps somehow and Dr. Steven, if Ure reading, u really should know better!