View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 02:08 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cats in Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmleong View Post
But this neighbour keeps complaining bout the smell said everytime he opens the door he can smell and always giving excuse his son is sick, allergic. I do scoop up every day once, mop the floor every week. i don't open the windows cause they will run out. Once my siamese got lost for 5 days lucky my neighbour found her. (not the same complaining neighbour but a malay family). Even two of my cats fell off from the 2nd floor when my mom came to clean the house and said the windows should be left open to let the fresh air in. The apartment here is very badly handled by the management. Even drug addicts live here. Once I had my grill door pried open but the wooden door was left untouched. Even my car got break in and my bank card was stolen.
I think you should cat proof your apartment.
Put wire mesh on your windows and door grill so that your cats wont accidentally go out.
For your information, I have 14 cats and I mop my cat room twice a day(once morning and once in the evening) and clean their litter box twice a day (morning and evening) too. Cleanliness is my strict priority as I have two children at home.
People have come to my house on several occassions and I am happy to say that they always comment that it does not smell although I have 14 cats although sometimes there is a smell especially after someone does a fresh poop so that we cannot avoid.
What I do is my own 'Febreeze'.
I buy a spray bottle and put softlan and water (Downy Brand - Aromatic) into it and then spray all over my house with it. On the curtains, cushions, all cloth material and I must say that it really work.
No smell at all
I am also using a wood base litter called flushable woody and it does not smell 90%! compared to using litter clay. Wish I found out about this earlier and its so much more easier to clean. Its low in tracking too.
Having pets we must ensure the cleanliness of our surroundings. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you are not clean but we must strive harder in order to stop people from complaining.
If there is a window next to your neighbour who is complaining, board it up so that he can't say the smell is coming out although I am sure that he will still try to find ways..... to find fault with you.
For me having 3 cats is nothing compared to others who has multiple cats in their houses and apartments.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/