View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 04:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

Nana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pet relocation to Australia

Hi mchelle... *am not too sure where this thread should go too*

may i know when ur moving? and where ur staying currently?

I'm relocating mine too, still within the country, albeit I still need to go through the import and export matters... I too had the same difficulty and was initially directed to agents, but ended up finding the way to do it on own so I am working towards it now .

I'm still in the mid of the process, so I can only tell u what I know so far ya .

From here, I was told to 1st get my import permit from my place of destination, and only with this permit will they produce my export permit.

I contacted the Dept. of Veterinary Services at the place of my destination, and asked regarding requirements and procedures to get the import permit. Be sure to have ur date of traveling determined because the permits have their validity period.

And I am to present this import permit (the original copy), with my pets to the Vet (gov hospital) in order to get the export permit. The export permit is only valid for a 7-day period. As in once you get ur export permit, you gotta travel out within that 7-day period.

From here I'm dealing with:

Hospital Veteriner Wilayah Persekutuan
KM 4, Jalan Selar 4,
Off Jalan Cheras,
56100 Cheras, KL.

phone num: 03-9284 9716 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************03-9284 9716******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

I'm not sure where ur located, but maybe u can ring them and ask if they is a nearer hospital to ur place.

I hope this info can help u. and what I've mentioned here is what applies to me, I guess u can try and ask how it is wt ur case. All the best ya. dun worry, I'm sure it's possible, I have came across a guy at this hosp who was moving to the US with his dogs. It is possible, just a matter of time to get the documents ready