View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 03:05 AM
Animal Lover

silentsoul27 is on a distinguished road
Talking Evie my dear girl..

I think mine is a success story in way..I adopted Evie from a breeder.She is a black toy poodle..she was 5yrs old then,spayed..she & her sister was put up for adoption then..unfortunately at that time I could only adopt one,& I chose Evie..Why her?She was bullied by her sister all of the time when I first met her..She's the quiet type,and run away every time when she got bullied & sits in a corner..

I remembered the first day when I brought her home..she looked so puzzled & lost,wondering where is this new place..As far as I know,back at the breeder's place Evie seldom step out from her cage..because there were too many dogs living with her..around 50 dogs I guessed..So she wasn't comfortable & confused of what to do when there's nobody locking her up..

It took Evie almost a year to get used to me & my partner..& that is when all the effort we put in blossoms..Evie is very smart & listens to us very well..She knows which part of the house that she's forbidden to enter/exit..e.g; the kitchen,the washroom in the living room,upstairs..both washrooms,the guest rooms, & the house gate..

We trained her with all our patience & shower her with love & care..she's so intelligent that when ever we finished watching t.v,the moment we turn off the living room lights,she know she gotta go upstairs to my bedroom..In the beginning I still have to give her command to do so..but after a few months,she can actually predict whats my next action..& play her own role in the house perfectly!!

Evie loves to eat so much that when ever I am eating she'll run towards me,sit by my side,hoping to grab a bite..and if she doesn't,she'll start spinning around,jumping up & the best part is, she'll make some sort of sniffing sound..(more like saying "I'm waiting for food,can't you tell?!!" hahaha...

Evie's 8yrs old this year..living like a Queen in the house now,although I have 6 other kids joined in my family,she's the only one allowed wandering in the house when I'm at work..She sleeps with me,very well toilet-trained & loves cleanliness..

I guessed my passion for dogs are so strong actually caused by Evie..Till this day, I regretted not adopting her sister along although at that point I can't do so..but i hope she's living her life to the fullest with a loving family..

Evie..mommy you forever..