View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 10:11 AM
PetFinder Guru

sarahseben is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Soal Jawal Kemusykilan Agama Dari Segi Pemgembirian Bintanang Peliharaan

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the effort and sharing the knowledge with us. At least, the worries have been answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Dear All

I'd like to share with you the following. I wrote to Jakim (at their website) for the advice and ruling in Islam concerning the issue of neutering pets. this is their reply to me.

Ruangan Soal Jawab Kemusykilan Agama
Kategori
:
ISU SEMASA

SUB KATEGORI
--Sila Pilih--
Tarikh Hantar Soalan
:
15/08/2008 02:23 PM
Soalan
:
Dear Sirs,

please excuse my not writing in bahasa malaysia. i'm a non-muslim malaysian and i work as a volunteer to rescue and rehome stray animals like cats, etc.

there are many generous malaysians who are kind enough to want to offer a home to stray cats that we volunteers rescued but the one question that always turned up is the reluctance of muslim cat lovers to castrate/spay the cats they adopt.

i would like to respectly seek some advice on whether under islam a muslim is allowed to castrate/spay his/her cat with the intention of helping to reduce the population of stray and unwanted cats (also to reduce the suffering of these poor creatures) as well as for the improved health of the cats.

i would be extremely grateful if you could provide me with some guidance and advice on this particular topic.

thank you very much for your consideration.

sincerely,
ashley wong yoke chin.
Jawapan
:
Memandulkan binatang yang harus dimakan dagingnya seperti lembu, kerbau, kambing dan sebagainya adalah harus hukumnya tetapi hendaklah dimandulkan binatang itu semasa kecil untuk menjadikan ia lebih gemuk.

Walau bagaimanapun, menurut Keputusan Panel Kajian Syariah pada 3&4 April 2000, mengembiri binatang kesayangan yang tidak boleh dimakan seperti kucing atau anjing adalah diharuskan dengan sebab-sebab tertentu iaitu bagi menjaga maslahah ammah.

Maslahah ammah bermaksud jika binatang itu membawa penyakit atau menjaga keselamatan manusia serta kesejahteraan persekitaran dan sebagainya.
Status
:
Selesai - Paparan Web.
. Nombor Rujukan
:
Panel SJAI 250908
Tarikh Selesai
:
25/09/2008 04:57 PM