Thread: Tortoises!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tortoises!

peeG,

my 50 cent was the shape when i first bought them..
i still remembered that on the day itself i finally decided that i need to buy them - I walked in the dark for about 5km after realizing my usual night market uncle never come End result - my parents grounded me the whole week hahaha for this 3 turtles because i suddenly feel that i need to get these turtles......i paid almost RM7 (my pocket money all gone) for this 3 turtles

i got three at first but then 1 died - how? i bought the special turtle container got bridge and one coconut plastic tree ....one turn turtle. i came back from school then - KO liao

so i added another one...this time i put them into a aquarium container..
feed pellet....fatter..grown so fast less than a month..... - they start to look huge like a pau then..so must stop feeding pellet..... so i started to give them kangkung. You should see the way they open their mouth crunching the leaves..... they love it! When they are small - my turtles - one will end up in my bedroom, one in the toilet and one in the kitchen

Now i put them in a huge container - where i got it hhhmmm with rollers - i cannot remember hahaha.... ikea do have big container but i still find it a bit swallow and not deep enough....... turtles can escape one...when they do stacking up..i encountered once 1 of turtle head appeared and i was like so shock to see it trying to escape!

yes i have to wash them everyday because they are so huge already and if i dont - its stink hahaa... all dirty green waste........once a week - their green waste will go to the plants

my turtles dont have short nails, long and sharp.....im used in carrying them...they scratches me many times - got use to the scar here and there......you get use to it - turn them around...soft pat their bottom a bit...then they stop moving then quickly place them back into the container - that's the trick haha

When you wash them, gentle brush their shell, they love the brushing sensation...

how much they eat, my 3 turtles eat like one round container (medim size) every day. I used to feed them in the morning but now i skip - i only feed them once per day - i find them - they are the luckiest turtle on earth. Their diet is kangkung or cabbage or both mix.

The one i have here is actually turtle and not tortoise - brazilian turtle

tortoise is the one you can get brown hard shell - that does not need water;
mine need water - so they are the ninja turtles... . They do swimming one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5783.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1689   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5784.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1690   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5785.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1691  

Last edited by vivienlpl; 11-06-2008 at 08:56 PM.