View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 10:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Default Re: Kindle & e-Book Reader Review

@ Shizuka =
Kindle wont hurt ur eyes because the display is different than i-Phone, i-Pad and other e-book reader out there.
It is like reading a newspaper and unless you got tired, Kindle can do the reading for you.

@ Maneki Neko
Ur not the only one. I read about true stories. I am chic who got 501 Most notorious crime in one hand and every one was looking at me because of the cover behind was the big image of the famous incest father from Austria who locked his daughter under the grounds of their own home to rape her and bear children.

I love to read true crime stories and mysterious stuffs - yep include UFO hehehe.

I appreciate my Kindle arrives at least no one will give me a weirdo look every time I flipped pages after they poked their noses ,with a disbelief sigh, seeing gruel images from victims.

Yes, definitely we have to look at the brighter side, chick- lit while reading gruel crimes or genocides hahaha

My friend really suggested this cover coz of my cats and since I like to read on the beach side, not a bad idea, in case it rains too.

I really can't wait to get my hands on my Kindle. I will download some of my fave books since kid, I can't get tired of reading it.
Remember Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew? I also like Edgar Allan Poe's and Sherlock Homes for fiction. I still love to read it over and over again.
I remember my science teacher in HS, threw her class record at me because I was busy reading Nancy Drew that time when she called up my name several times. hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizuka View Post
Looks awesome to me.
But anyway Iphone now come with with Ebook App, I read the story books until my eyes cannot read anymore.dawg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Eve!

I ordered this same cover but in purple. As I said before, it's not as elegant as Andy's or Charlene's leather covers, but I like that a) it's nylon and possibly somewhat waterproof on days when I forget my umbrella, and b) it zips entirely shut, protecting the Kindle from blowing clouds of cat fur and sharp objects in my handbag.

I had to laugh when I read that you wanted it in pink. A book-worm friend and I always used to roll our eyes and shake our heads -- it seems we read nothing but depressing literature. We always say to each other, "Really, the very next book I read will have a pink cover!" All the chick-lit -- you know, the books in which the girl always gets her man and the credit card has no limit -- seems to have pink covers. The next time we'd meet for coffee, she'd be reading something about WWII internment camps and I'd be reading about genocide. So much for chick-lit.

I looked at my Kindle cover and wondered, what was I thinking?!? If I'd ordered either the M-Edge or leather cover in HOT PINK, every book I read would have a pink cover. When/if this cover wears out, I'll replace it with something bright pink to disguise all my dreary books. :-)

I'm really enjoying reading on the Kindle. I hope yours arrives soon!

Last edited by Marcelleve; 02-13-2011 at 10:15 PM.