Thread: Cat on LRT?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat on LRT?

I understand what you all are saying. If I had a car or friends who are available to chauffeur me and my cat to the vet or boarding place when we need to go, I would not have raised this question in the first place.

I agonized long and hard about this issue before adopting the cat. Since then, I have had very mixed results trying to get taxi drivers to take us. I can't depend upon taxis to get us where we need to go on time, as so many drivers refuse.

I am not insensitive to the feelings of other LRT passengers. My cat is quiet. If she did poo in her carrier, I would get off the train at the next stop, clean it up, and continue. As for people who are allergic, most are fine until they touch a cat. I doubt my little fur-ball cowering in the back of her carrier is going to put anyone into hospital from the opposite end of an LRT train.

And I also try to see things from the cat's point of view: Of course, it would be far less stressful for her if I put the carrier into a car, and we go directly to our destination.

I suppose most people in KL do drive, do have their own cars. I do not, and there are times when I need to move my cat across the city for one reason or another. My options are these: Struggle with disagreeable taxi drivers, explore the possibility of public transit, or get rid of the cat.

Believe me, I'm not considering the LRT for our entertainment!