View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 02:30 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Warning - Do NOT Feed These Foods to Your Dog

there are two different people of thought on this subject. there are people that are going to tell you that garlic is poison and is as potentially dangerous as onion for a dog. Then there are people that are going to tell you that garlic is harmless and nutritious as long as it is used as an additive to a healthy diet and not as a staple.
Garlic Powder does not harm any. It may kill the fleas on the dog but it does not kill ticks. It also does not prevent fleas or ticks from jumping on the the dog. So there is my answer.Need count by volume for your small size cat or dog. Too much take going sick to those small size animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
DIMB, recently there was an article in The Star newspaper about Meen's Barkery in KL which is a shop offering baked dog biscuits and treats. I remember Meen (she was an animal nurse) making a statement that she includes garlic in her dog biscuits because garlic is toxic to cats but not to dogs.

Do you think you can check out this discrepancy for the dog lovers, please, DIMB? Because I read somewhere that, kalau tak silap, even a single clove of garlic has pretty potent effect. Some toxic substances do not effect a fatality immediately but is has an accumulative effect, like arsenic.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.