View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Charlene,after loooong explanation by Jimmy, I dunno what else to say.It it worst than we imagine I feel so helpless. Just imagine we have sell and buy pets section in petfinder. Who knows BYB from which planet already landed here and "kaching' (the sound of cash machine).

Now,just let me concentrate with my rescue work and helping this poor cats. Start with the strays around my area.I'm racing against time to save them from DBKL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Yup, that is why we need to speak out against BYB and kitten mill.

Not because we don't approve of people buying pets instead of adopting (I have no problem with people buying pets, don't get me wrong), not because we are judgemental, but because if we continue to support those people, they will carry on their activities, and papa & mama cats will just breed until they die. When there is demand, there will be supply.

At the risk of making more enemies here, I urge everyone to come out clean here and speak the truth without fear or favour.

Everyone, this is not a witch-hunt or attack. If you're a BYB before, or involved in any unethical or hypocritical practise, no one will criticise you (at least, I shall not) if you realize what you did was wrong, admit it and change for the better. Nobody is perfect, and everyone here is learning and changing for the better. I think people only get upset if you try to shift the blame to others and refuse to admit you were wrong.