View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

I agree with you, we can't stop these BYB from selling their pets anywhere so we might as well allow them to sell here, at least we have forumers here to monitor them & at the same time educate the public as it goes on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baca882004 View Post
I am probably one of the handful of persons to think the buy pets section in petfinder is fine. [OK!, Hold your bullets !!] To be honest, if you take out the buy pets section, there are ten more other sites BYB can go to. mudah.com.my etc. I even saw one in lelong.com.my. You close down one, 3 more springs up tomorrow.

So taking it out will not solve the problem, the problem only moved.

However, here's what PF should do :
1. Let the "For Sale" section matures into a place for high quality pets. Let the members monitor and criticize the BYB sellers. And let those who are naive learn from these comments.
2. And expose new BUYERS to the beautiful pets PF have for adoption. Like now, click for sell puppy profile, PF shows the for adoption ones first. Even suggesting "Can't find what you are looking for? Please see these, which are up for adoption". This technique is soft selling.

It's like if your kids are addicted to PS2, you cannot BAN it. They'll just go elsewhere. However, you can monitor and manage. Set rules and entice them to the benefits of reading (like asking them to read the walkthrough when they are stuck in the game).

Again - my dua sen..

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA