View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 05:36 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Please Help My Schnauzer having some skin problem..

Daphne,
Thank you for PM me notice this new thread, I hope myself able solve your problem base on my experience. Normally healthy skin is smooth and flexible with no visible scales, scab, growths or red area for Miniature schnauzer. Do you find any white ponder on the coat and skin? It is genetic problem.
Base from my 3 dog, only rocky have this problem, beside risky and rusty.
The problem can be solved; need take antibiotic and cream place on skin. The best is injection. This problem need take few months for recover back to normal.
Your dog need bath with high quality shampoo, later place the medical cream on it.

+the high quality shampoo, no mean is strong medical shampoo. high quality shampoo is very mild cleansing agent. Polyamodimethicone - a conditioning agent for gloss, manageability, softness and moisture. Hydrolyzed wheat protein - to repair and condition coat. Peppermint-spearmint essential oil - provides moisture for skin and naturally deodorizes. Aloe Vera, Chamomile & Eucalyptus - to soothe and heal dry and irritated skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne1985 View Post
My bf brought me a new puppy, a schnauzer during Valentine day. The puppy is so cute and very energetic but I found him with some skin problem as below:

* his body with few tick
* inflammation on the skin
* some yellow liquid coming out
* very strong body odor coming out from the skin
* Itchy
* body full of white white thing something similar to dandruff

I did tried the shampoo for killing pest like tick and flea but the situation still the same. I dont noe what actually bite his skin, it is canine mange, flea, lice or tick..I'm very worry and will seek for vet tml.

Is anyone noe what happen on him? Please give me some advise..

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 03-06-2009 at 05:45 PM.